Here are some examples of what you can do with the PlanetScale API:
- Automatically create and delete database branches from CI/CD pipelines or data migration tooling
- Programmatically build out new environments that connect to PlanetScale database branches for testing
- Get information about a PlanetScale user, database, branch, organization, and deploy request
- Check the status of deploy requests in the deploy queue
- Automate creating and deleting database connection strings for internal users or tools
- Create, update, approve, deploy, and delete deploy requests programmatically from tooling outside of PlanetScale
Anywhere that can programmatically use an HTTP API can be integrated with PlanetScale. This includes CLI tools, build scripts, desktop applications, and more.